Last update: 01-03-2022
We understand that when your flight is canceled by the airline, you would like to receive your refund / voucher as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we see that in many cases it takes a number of weeks or even months before we can refund the amount to you or issue a voucher.
Some airlines currently take a very long time processing the refunds. This is partly because the numbers to be processed are still extremely high and, on the other hand, because many airlines have stopped their automated refund process, which means that everything has to be processed manually (both at the airline and at our side).
This results in enormous delays, in which we are completely dependent on the airline. To provide you with the best possible information, please find below a list of airlines that are currently not authorising any refunds or are seriously delayed in doing so:
- Aeroflot - does not authorise refunds yet. You can request a voucher yourself on this website.
- Update 14-10-2020: Aeroflot has indicated that only bookings with departure until March 17 are eligible for a refund. Other bookings can only request a voucher.
- Aeromexico - is (temporarily) under voluntary administration (so-called Chapter 11) and does not authorise refunds.
- Air Madagascar - does not (currently) authorise refunds.
- Alitalia - has a huge backlog, only refund applications up to the beginning of April have been authorised.
- Update 28-09-2020: Alitalia has indicated that they will start processing refunds from now on.
- Update 25-02-2021: Alitalia has handled refund applications up to the beginning of January 2021.
- Avianca - is (temporarily) under voluntary administration and does not authorise refunds.
- Update 25-02-2021: Avianca has started handling refunds and has handled all refund applications up to the beginning of October 2020.
- Oman Air - does not authorise refunds (yet).
- Royal Air Maroc - does not authorise refunds (yet). You can request a voucher yourself, for more information please check this website.
- SriLankan Airlines - has a huge backlog, only applications until the end of April have been authorised.
- Surinam Airways - only authorises refunds after 12 months after refund request.
- TAP Portugal - has a huge backlog.
- Thai Airways - is (temporarily) under voluntary administration and does not authorise refunds.
- Tunis Air - does not authorise refunds (yet). Customers can only change their booking according to conditions.
We are currently in the process of contacting these carriers to hopefully speed up these refunds.